top of page

Larkhall 4-3 Street

Street bowed out of the Somerset Premier Cup last night after being edged out by Southern League side Larkhall in a seven goal thriller. Street started on the front foot and took an early lead when Steve Murray collected a pass inside the box and riffled it into the top corner for a fine finish.

The hosts were back on level terms just before the half hour mark with a fine turn by George King allowed him space to finish smartly past a stranded Tom Punchard in the Street goal. Chipped efforts from Dave O'Hare and Craig Herrod weren't on target with he keeper stranded on both occasions as Street came back into the game with good attacking intent. Larkhall were able to nudge themselves in front on the stroke of half-time when a long diagonal ball split the Street defence for Alex Lambert to fire in at the far post.

More goals looked to be on the cards with both teams having a go after the restart and on 66 minutes Street levelled things up when a surging run by Josh Wadham saw him tee up Murray whose angled shot went in off the post. Larkhall were back in front again on 75 minutes with an excellent half volley from distance by Matt Britton gave Punchard no chance. Street never gave up and a deserved equaliser came with five minutes left on the clock when a ball into Murray allowed him to expertly pick out the run of Wadham who at pace rounded the keeper and slotted home. With extra looming, Puchard pulled off a couple of smart stops as Larkhall pressed hard and the pressure finally paid off with moments left on the clock when a run down the right from Cory Simpson allowed him to rifle his shot high into the net.

An exciting end to end cup tie which could of gone either way but Rich Fey would of been pleased with the character of the team once more. .

Man of the Match Steve Murray

The reserves also played yesterday evening winning 3-2 away at Ashton and Backwell Reserves with goals by Dale Hunt, Robbie Haggett and Lucas Ward. Well done boys.

bottom of page