top of page

Match Report Vs Plymouth Parkway

In a game Street were unlucky to lose many will feel 3-0 was a very harsh score-line.

Street found themselves 2-0 down after 6 minutes due to a penalty converted by Carter for parkway in the 1st minute and a defensive error allowing Carter to grab his 2nd after 6 minutes. Street grew into the game and Harry Gardner had shots blocked on 8 and 10 minutes. This would set the tone for the rest of the 1st half. Street created further chances through Kam Andrews and Leighton Thomas both looking dangerous. Street continued in the ascendancy with Parkway conceding free kicks in dangerous areas and only poor finishing and solid Parkway defending keeping Plymouth in front. On 41 minutes the 1st sin binning of the season occurred when Parkway’s Rob Farkins was sent for a 10minute sit down. Just before half-time Street were sucker punched when Parkway scored a 3rd goal through Aaron Bentley.

Halftime Street 0-3 Plymouth Parkway

Street started the second half at a high tempo with Gardner, Andrews and Thomas all looking threatening and seeing their shots blocked. Jack Hargreaves replaced Sam Smith for the hosts on 48 minutes with Thomas shooting into the side netting on 50 minutes. Another strong run from Thomas was halted by Milton, who received a yellow card, on 53 minutes as Street continued to force the pace. Moore then pulled off a superb save at his near post on 56 minutes as Parkway continued to come under pressure. Surprisingly Thomas was replaced by Olly Hibberd on the hour.

Parkway broke forward on 62 minutes with an incisive move between Copp and Mikey Williams which ended with a cross being well defended and Norris remaining untested. On 64 minutes Parkway conceded possession in midfield with Andrews linking well with Gardner who shot wide. With play now being compressed into a well contested midfield, Krac was replaced by Antonia Costa on 65 minutes as Street continued to look the better side. Palfrey was booked for a foul on 74 minutes with Will Tinsley replacing Milton on 75 minutes as Parkway reshuffled their back four. With play now going through a scrappy phase Hibberd, who had looked lively since coming on, was booked for an unnecessary challenge. Street continued on the attack with Parkway rarely getting forward and looking to play on the break. Curtis Damerell replaced Carter up front on 78 minutes as Parkway looked to introduce fresh legs and stretch the Street defence. Damerell forced a couple of late corners which came to nothing with the final chance of the game falling to the impressive Gardner whose powerful strike was well saved by Moore.

Street's man of the Match was Jakob Dickens

Thanks to Graham Lloyd – Parkway Sports Correspondent for parts of this report.

Our attention now moves to Saturday’s game away to Shepton in the FA Vase Kick-off 3pm

bottom of page