top of page

Street 2-0 Hallen

Street maintained their winning run at the Tannery this afternoon by recording a 2-0 win against a spirited and well organised Hallen side. It certainly wasn't plain sailing for the Cobblers who had to remain patient and disciplined throughout the game to grab all 3 points.

Street fired an early warning after 4 minutes when Harry Foster found himself space on the right hand side of the box but fired his effort inches wide. Both defences were largely on top in the opening period with a break down the left by Steve Murray after 20 minutes a rare opportunity to open the scoring but he lost his footing at the vital moment. Street continued to probe with Ben Amghar and Ross McErlain at the heart of the Street back line standing firm to stifle out any Hallen attacks. Street possession finally counted on the stroke of half time when the Hallen defence failed to clear a pull back by Lewis Hogg and Craig Herrod made no mistake to sweep in the opening goal.

The second half Street were fast out the blocks with Aiden Chainey and Hogg dictating play from the middle of the park. Street made it 2-0 on 49 minutes  when a fine ball by Hogg released Murray down the right and on the angle Street's top scorer lobbed his effort over the keeper and into the net clipping the cross bar on its way in. This gave Street added confidence and Rich Fey's men started to find more gaps, with Dave O'Hare becoming more influential as the game wore on. Foster had a close range header blocked mid way through the half and Lewis Tasker fired over moments later as Street looked for that third goal to kill the game off.

On 75 minutes a delightful reverse pass by O'Hare found Hogg down the left but his cross shot evaded everyone including Jake Mawford at the far post. Hallen substitute got his marching orders with 10 minutes left to play which enabled Street to comfortably see out the game and pick up maximum points.

Man of the match presented by Josh Wadham was Lewis Hogg

bottom of page