top of page

Street 3-0 Cribbs

The Cobblers march into the semi's of the Les Phillips Cup making short work of Cribbs with 2 early Steve Murray goals and a sumptuous Harry Foster finish in the closing stages.

Man of the match was Lewis Waldy presented by Club Secretary Richard Palette

On a much warmer afternoon at the tannery the Cobblers picked up where they left off at Bradford on Wednesday and applied a lot of pressure all over the park to work create the first goal. That goal came on 5 minutes from a Cribbs error when a cultured Lewis Tasker through ball into the channel was casually left by the Cribbs centre back however with Steve Murray nearby gambling on a mistake found himself in on goal and coolly slotted under the keeper to give Street an early lead. The game was effectively put to bed soon after when on 12 minutes the ball was won by Lewis Hogg in the centre circle who lobbed a through ball over the defence which the alert Murray checking his run to remain onside latched onto and again found himself one on one with the keeper and made no mistake slotting under the keeper to double the lead. The Cobblers remained on top without much Cribbs threat on Tom Punchard's goal, Craig Herrod nearly came close to getting a third with a typical jinking run starting from the halfway line but as he pulled the trigger from 20 yards a Cribbs defender managed to get his body in the way to block a powerful goal bound effort.

The second half saw the Cobblers continue to dictate the game with Josh Wadham putting in several dangerous crosses from the right. The Cobblers were getting closer to that third goal and it was Wadham again who put in a corner from the left which was flicked to the back post to find Ben Amghar, he put a composed pass back to Hogg who was in space outside the box, Hogg's first time cross caused panic in the Cribbs box with Jake Mawford controlling the ball and a Ross McErlain flick went inches wide the far post. Cribbs then had their best chance of the game when a cross from the right was met 10 yards out by the Cribbs strike but his effort was snaffled up by Punchard. The Cobblers eventually got a third goal to put the game to bed on 78 minutes with Jake Mawford winning the ball in the centre of the park and surging towards the box picked out a run by Harry Foster who controlled the ball then placed his shot into the top right corner leaving the keeper flat footed on the spot and the Cobblers fan in raptures.

Mascots from Rhode Lane Wanderers Juniors Fc


With 2 of the other quarters finals postponed, Bridgwater made it through to the semi's as well beating Bitton 4-0. Draw for the semi's is to be confirmed but we will announce as soon as the draw has been made.

Next up at the Tannery the Reserves take on Burnham Utd on Tuesday night 7.30pm, the Firsts are playing Bridport at home on Easter Friday with early 1pm kick off, and the day after on Saturday is a local derby with the Reserves taking on Glastonbury.

bottom of page